Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rock Climbing in Carrollton

Last saturday, while Jay was at his bachelor party (pics to come soon) I went rock climbing with friends in an old silo in Carrollton.
It was a lot of fun, we had gone to our favorite restaurant, Jeng Chi, just before and went to Babe's for some delicious fried chicken afterwards. Sharon, Marina and Lani's cousin, was in town from Chicago so we needed to show her a good time in Dallas!


The silo

Marina and me
We took a lesson before starting. Here we are, learning how to make knots and to belay.
Sharon during her first climb.

Now it's my turn!


Marina was belaying me.

Afterwards at Babe's. Here with Lani.

The whole gang full of fried chicken deliciousness:

Marina, Sharon, Laurel, Matt, me, Warren and Lani


5 comments:

koud12 said...

La montagne ça vous gagne !!!
C'est quand même mieux dans la vraie ! non?

Martine y compañia said...

Escalade intéressante mais dans un silo, attention la claustrophobie, ¿non? ... moi, je préfère le restaurant. On attend les photos de "la despedida" de Jay.
Gros bisous.

Anonymous said...

bravo!!Je ne suis pas capable de grimper comme ça,j'ai le vertige.C'est bien ce vieux silo reconvertit en mur d'escalade.C'est pas trop chaud à l'intérieur quand le soleil tape??Gros Bisous,Maman.

Celine et Freddy said...

Oh c'est genial !
Gros bisous

Unknown said...

How fun! I used to go there in high school with my family. We should go climbing together sometime. Can't believe how close your wedding is...I'm very excited for you both! See you soon in France! :)
Tara